Date(s) - 27/09/2017
Program available here: Safe2Wheelers-Agenda_WG2_Action-Day_Motorland
The workshop will be dedicated to rider training with special focus on successfully evaluated training elements and latest technologies such as eyetracking. For a certain amount of interested participants there will be the chance to experience specific training elements themselves.
Recommendations regarding local transport and accomodation will be available soon.
Live demonstration of different riding exercises by Klaus Schwabe of Biketraining & Consulting Schwabe
Highlights of the demonstration
- Emergency braking – The importance of a correct arm position
- Lean angle – Opportunities in trainings with extension arm systems
- Gaze behaviour – The link between skill level and gaze behaviour
- Eye Hyper-Tracking – Video analysis and interactive live demo of advanced training methods (viewpointsystem GmbH)
Motorcycle Training Taxi
Experience yourself the most important elements a rider should know to handle a bike safely as pillion rider.
The Royal Dutch Motorcyclists Association – KNMV will demonstrate their ERP – Early Risk Perception – training
- Arjan Everink – Head Traffic and Education KNMV
- Theo Noë – Experienced ERP training instructor
Highlights of the ERP training
- First ever training with NO skills training at all!
- No instruction or teaching, just coaching
- Together with trainee work towards a mindset
- Emphasis on strategic level instead of manoeuvring
The presentations for the event can be found here, under Workshops: Alcaniz – September 2017.